Currituck County Library at Barco
4261 Caratoke Hwy
Barco, NC 27917
Barco Library Hours:
Monday: 9:00 a.m. -- 6:00 p.m.
Tuesday: 9:00 a.m. -- 6:00 p.m.
Wednesday: 9:00 a.m. -- 6:00 p.m.
Thursday: 9:00 a.m. -- 6:00 p.m.
Friday: 9:00 a.m. -- 6:00 p.m.
Saturday: 8:30 a.m. -- 5:00 p.m.
Click here for a list of upcoming classes, programs and events
The Currituck County Library at Barco was the first of the current three facilities to be built. The original part of the building was constructed in 1975. An addition was made in 1994 bringing the library to almost 10,000 square feet.
The Barco library is the main library for Currituck County. It holds the largest collection of books and several special collections. These include:
- a popular reading collection for adults, teens and children
- a collection of parenting books
- a local and North Carolina history collection
- a genealogy collection
- audiobooks on CD and MP3 CD
- DVDs for educational and entertainment purposes
- large print books
- a small business and employment collection
- 12 computers for public use with Windows 7 and the complete Microsoft Office 2010 Suite
- 2 computers for genealogy research
- a color photocopier that scans to portable storage devices
- WIFI hotspot
- fax machine
- color printing
Classes and Programs
- story times for ages birth to five
- summer reading program for school-age children
- weekly computer classes
- monthly genealogy classes
- meeting room that seats 44 available for evening and weekend use as well as daytime use
- conference room that seats 12
- kitchen adjacent to meeting and conference rooms